Thursday, November 6, 2014

Unpacking The Baggage



Life is filled with lessons things we learn through trial and error. Sometimes we find ourselves walking through a path no one can else walk with us. We can get use to running to our friends and family for advice but sometimes we need to sort out things on our own. I found myself in this situation for the last two weeks sorting through some unpredictable things in my life. I made a decision to take the time to confront some issues and unpack the weights that were holding me down. I found myself looking aimlessly at the water as the waves splash against the shore. My emotional baggage was weighing me down.

On a beautiful Wednesday morning I made a decision to erase the tears of the past and embrace the joy of the future. I was saying goodbye to the past embracing a new hello for my future. I did not want new people to pay for the crime of old people in my past. Today, I was taking a stand to tell fear I was no longer scared of the unknown. I slowly approached the water and released the square pieces of paper where I wrote all my fears relinquishing them into the ocean as waves rushed up to me.

In a quick instance I found myself picking up the baggage again a soft still voice insisted to put the baggage down. This time I wanted to stay free, free from the emotional barriers that kept me from loving fearlessly, living life fearlessly. I needed this moment to regain a sense of power knowing that I can remain free because freedom is a choice. It felt invigorating to unpack my bags, walk away and leave them in the sea of forgetfulness. I have to make a choice everyday to keep the baggage where it belongs. I can no longer pick it up anymore it slowed me down on my journey. Unpack your bags......