Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Moment I Fell Back In Love With Life!



Deadlines, schedules, obstacles and routine seemed to cloud my life like smoldering fog. I was beginning to become fed up with the hum drum of life and all that it was inconsistently giving me. I wanted more from this life but it seems as if darts were constantly been thrown at me. I knew life was more than paying bills, going through trials and dying. I needed to put life on pause to hear nature’s heartbeat again. I knew I lost the love affair I had with life. I was determined to fall back in love with life and rekindle the romance I once enjoyed.

I knew my rose colored glasses became smeared with distractions making me miss out on the beauty of life. Life has a lot to offer but sometimes taking a step back to get off autopilot helps recalibrate things. And during the period of recalibration I recognize how out of sync I have truly been for the last three months. Although, Christmas is right around the corner my excitement has been minimized. I have been consumed with making ends meet and keeping my household afloat.

Something has changed about the way I view the commercialized holidays. I no longer see Christmas or any other holiday as a time to spend all your money on gifts. I believe that holidays are a time for gratitude and a time to slow down to fall back in love with life. The holidays are a time filled with life’s romance. Instead of getting caught up in spending lavishly I am deciding to get caught in falling in love with my life. When you learn to appreciate what you already have then abundance will flow. All the other trinkets are just icing on the cake.

So, today I made a decision to fall in love with life. I have to reject the routines, deadlines and schedules to put my life on pause. I am going to spend more time embracing nature, get out of autopilot and cruise to embrace the love of my life- which is living.  I am determined to live colorfully, laugh often & love fearlessly again!

I am going to fall back in love with life!