Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Emerging Of The Butterfly



Like the Walls of Jericho, I couldn't breathe everything around me suffocated me. I wanted to know what it felt like to be able to breathe fresh air without breathing in toxicity. The toxins that embraced me was the uncomfortable feeling of being comfortable.
It was time to let myself be free, free enough to live the life I deserve. I could no longer do it where I was living. In true honesty I outgrew the comfort zone. Self discovery was inevitable so enticing that I had to take a splash. In this moment, a twilight zone premonition was taking over me.

Many of us feel the temptation to exist outside the bubble but we fear the unknown. I use to be in that bubble of comfort but it made me nauseated. Once I started doing things that were authentic to my character I floated further and further away from the bubble. What is this bubble I talk about ? Your Comfort Zone....

Self- discovery usually happens when every familiar thing is taken away from you. After exiting the military I settled in a place that I did not want to be but God's plan was greater. He used a desolate place to help me find the amazing woman I was inside. I didn't realize this girl existed but once all the layers were peeled aside a beautiful butterfly emerged. Now as I discover more of who I am the desolate place has become a place I am outgrowing.
In the voyage of self-discovery you grow which makes a comfortable place uncomfortable. Eventually, a caterpillar has to emerge from its cocoon to become a butterfly. The butterfly has to fly away to a place they can enlarge their territory and spread their wings.

Be willing to self-discover the butterfly within you !