Monday, January 26, 2015

Reinvent Yourself & Your Life

I was shackled to the bed as the covers held me captive. I wanted to leave but the pillows were situated at a perfect angle elevating my head to sleepy land. I was feeling drugged with the dose of sleep deprivation. I knew the probation officer would soon scream in my ear. I hated alarm clocks I just wanted to sleep until my body was well rested. I began to slowly crawl out the bed to go to the bathroom. 

For a short minute I stood in darkness not wanting to wake myself up. The lights shine brightly on my face and I saw an unfamiliar reflection. It was a reflection of sadness, a profound misery. The routine of my life was screaming for attention. In this moment I knew it was time for a change, I needed to reinvent my life.

Have you ever felt like the scenario given above? I believe we all have been in a place where routine was driving us crazy and we needed a fresh start in our life. As we grow as human beings we should always strive to reinvent our self.  Growth pushes us to change what we have been doing. In order to stop the staleness from molding our growth we have to be willing to fill our life with freshness. A new year is always a good time to reinvent your life and your self.

Reinventing yourself and your life is a soul journey that changes your perspective on life. You become captivated by living in the present moment, enjoying the moment instead of clinging to the past or worrying about the future. Below are tips to help you reinvent your life and yourself.

Reinventing Tips
1. Assess the areas of your life where stagnacy resides.
2. Observe where you have grown and what no longer serves a purpose in your life.
3. Be willing to expand your territory and find new ground.
4. Search deeper to hear where your life is leading you.
5. Look at the big picture and take risk for expansion.
6. Be willing to move past your comfort zone. The more you grow the more uncomfortable you will get.
7. Continue to grow larger and never be satisfied with stagnation.
8.Take time to meditate to reflect on where you are at and where you must 
go.