Monday, January 11, 2016

Surviving To Thriving: Plan In Action!



If all you do is dream and never make effective steps to plan your success then your dream remains a dream. It is important to not only set goals in your life but to have a specific plan to execute your goals. In order to fully execute your goals you have to implement a strategy. At the end of 2015, I realized how much I needed to get my act together. I was tired of repeating the same endless cycles over and over again. It simply became a cycle of insanity that I needed to break. For a long time I settled for survival mode instead of thriving mode. Mediocrity began to take over my life and I embraced it wholeheartedly. However, things began to shift in my life. I was no longer okay with being apart of the mediocre life club. I became unhappy with the redundancy that crippled my life. So, I came face to face with the truth that I needed to make different life choices.

When you embrace mediocrity you are setting yourself up for failure. You cannot obtain your life goals if you never take action. The first part of efficient action is creating a plan to shift into the thriving mode. You have to reevaluate all the things you have been doing that has not worked for you. In order to dig your way out of the hole of surviving you have to be willing to use different strategies. The different strategies you can use are as follows:
  • Create A Plan
  • Ask For Help
  • Research Resolutions
  • Confront The Issue
  • Create Steps To Solve The Issue
  • Review Conflict Resolution Steps: Identify the conflict or problem, Look at core of issue, create effective solutions, Work the solutions
After you create a plan to get out of survival mode you can put forth strategies to look for ways to help you thrive. Here are a couple ways to shift your life & mindset into thriving.
  • Debunk old mindset, renew your mind
  • Reevaluate your life
  • Create a vision for your life
  • Write the vision down
  • Make plans
  • Look for effective resources to help you accomplish the plan
  • Make different choices in your life
  • Look for new opportunities
  • Be open-minded 
After you reassess your life you can start to plan your escape from surviving to thriving in life. All you have to do is be determined to put your plan into action!