Friday, February 6, 2015

Restituted Love


I believe love is the most profound emotion that we exude to others. Sometimes we can get the definition of love misconstrued with other things that are not a real representation of love. Love is defined in many aspects but the best definition of love I can gather is according to 1 Corinthians 13 in the Bible. We have all had our idea or perspective of what love is or could possibly be, but when you truly experience love you realize what it really is. So many times in my life I believed that I was in love with the different guys who perused in and out my life. However, I had no clue of what love was until I went on a three year journey of learning to love myself.
Loving yourself is the beginning of discovering the power of love because you begin to accept yourself flaws and all. I spent three years understanding why I kept attracting the same type of guys over and over. The underlying problem was simple I did not love myself at all. I compromised my values, standards, beliefs and ideas to accommodate men who had no intentions of loving me for life. I called my journey, my authentic journey due to the fact I was becoming the person I was always destined to be. The real me was submerging from the cocoon of fear I lived in for years. It was time for me to embrace the woman I was supposed to become all along.
 As I began to love myself I gave myself permission to be free.  I was free to unleash the unadulterated me without anyone’s approval. I dismissed myself from the need to please everyone and understood the need to restitute my love.  Instead of giving my love away to men that did not deserve my love I started to repay myself back with love. And in return of restituting my love to myself I attracted love. No longer am I chasing after love instead love found me and I embraced it wholeheartedly. I can truly say I am in love with the man in my life because he pursued me. The thing that took him by surprise was my contentment in being happily single. He told me I did not look thirsty which meant I did not look desperate for love.
We all deserve love and companionship do not deny yourself what you deserve. However, you first have to learn to love the most important person in your world which is You! Take the needed time to restitute yourself with love; take a year off or more to spend time loving you. I promise, you are worth the investment and your greatest return will be attracting someone who loves you with the same passion.

Find time to restitute yourself with love!
 
Picture Reference: http://fit-radiance.com/752/