Sunday, December 7, 2014

Clear The Clutter


In the last few weeks the sparkle has dimmed which has made me feel like I have been running rampant on the carousel of life. It has been filled with noise that has caused distractions, interruptions and the plague of redundancy. My world began to torment me with the agony of work, school, taking care of my daughter and maintaining personal relationships. I started to search for a moment to slow down, to inhale and exhale out the mental stress. Depletion was slowly creeping in suffocating me, I needed to escape from the mental clutter. I wanted to simply breathe again.

I believe many people can relate to my experience because we all are on a quest to silence the commotion. However, silence can only be found when we start to dismiss the noise we find cramped in our mental space. Mental stress can bring on many issues from depression to PTSD (post traumatic stress syndrome). According to Pysch Central, "Stress actually has an impact on how the brain processes information and stores memories." In order to combat the pangs we feel when stressed we have to begin to take an inventory of where the clutter lies.

Here are a couple of tips to clear the clutter from your mental, emotional & physical space:

1. Take a nap. Resting is essential to refueling your mind, body and soul.

2. Schedule personal quality time. We all need to be able to take some personal moments to our self to quiet the noise around us. Make it a habit to put an appointment on the calendar just for you.

3. Choose an activity just for you. Running around on everyone schedule gets tiresome, find something you love to do that does not require you to do nothing but relax.

4. Be Selfish. In society we are programmed to believe taking care of our self is selfish however if you do not take care of you first no one else will so be selfish.


References:
http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/05/06/our-brain-on-stress-forgetful-emotional/ 

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/stress-symptoms-causes-and-effects.htm

Picture Reference:
http://www.purepowerfitness.com.au/blog/